A1 Planning is a young, professional, dynamic planning consultancy providing quality town planning advice across a range of sectors to developers, homeowners, business owners and other professionals.
A1 Planning was formed by Aidan Thatcher BA (Hons) Dip TP MRTPI to provide town planning advice to those in need of general (through to specialist) advice and assistance.
Aidan has held a long and established planning career working for a number of East Sussex and London based Local Planning Authorities as well as holding senior positions within Rapleys LLP and Tribal MJP, two London based Town Planning Consultancies.
During his time within these positions, Aidan has built a wealth of practical experience in dealing with planning applications and associated matters. His expertise includes:
- Preparing and submitting a wide range of planning applications, including residential, mixed use retail and industrial, in both urban and rural locations, including the preparation of supporting reports/documents.
- Preparing retail studies, health checks and sequential tests.
- Day to day project management and co-ordination of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Appraising sites for development potential and uplift in value across a variety of planning sectors.
- Monitoring, reviewing and making representations to emerging planning policy documents in writing and at inquiry.
- Regularising breaches in planning legislation undertaken, particularly on Listed Buildings.
- Preparing and submitting a wide range of planning appeals via written representations, informal hearing and public inquiry as necessary.